What "Team Experience Management" is - and why you need it
78% of you said retaining existing staff is your top people priority this year in a recent poll on our LinkedIn page:
To learn how to do this, we're going to hear from Eleanor Erickson today, who was a general manager with Hilton for 20+ years, and now focuses on helping others with something she calls "Team Experience Management."
The big idea: If staff retention and longevity are important to you, you need to build an intentional system for ensuring it.
- "You have to be just as intentional about the experience your team has as you are about managing your P&L or guest reviews."
- "Make Team Experience Management a part of your routine - put things on your daily checklist to support it - because it's that important."
- "Your team experience is defined by your culture. And your culture shows up everywhere - from your curb appeal outside to your lobby to your social media presence."
- "Are the rooms clean? Is the carpet ripped? What was my onboarding experience like? What benefits are offered? All of these things impact your team experience."
- "Remember that team members are the first consumers of your corporate culture, even before guests come in the door."
- "If you double down on your team member experience and make them feel like they're working in an amazing place, your guests will start feeling that way as well."
Today's challenge: How are you thinking about the experience of your teams - and creating a culture that shows you care about them by focusing on the little things?